Instruction in the ChiRunning technique is available in small groups, workshop settings and on an individual basis. In order to insure that all students received individual attention, class size is limited to 8 students.
The ChiRunning Essentials Workshop includes four hours of instruction in a single session or in two (2) two-hour sessions. You will be guided through many exercises and drills designed to leave you with a clear sense of what the ChiRunning technique feels like in your body. We will not be doing lots of running (contrary to what you might imagine), so no matter what condition you are in, have no fear. We will spend time alternating between demonstrations, fun exercises and technique drills...the nature of the day will be relaxed, full and inspiring. There will be a small portion of the workshop held outside to be able to put together all that you have learned
Topics covered in the workshop:
- The Keys to Effortless, Injury-free Running
- The Physics of Running: Run without Using Your Legs
- ChiRunning® versus Power Running
- Introduction to the ChiRunning® Form
- Injury prevention techniques
- Personal Check-in Tricks and Tools
- Learning to Use Your Gears
- Core Muscle Drills and Exercises
- Pre-run Body Looseners, Post-run Stretches
- Innovative technique drills
- How to conserve energy at any speed
“Tune-up” sessions are available to those who have previously attended a ChiRunning Essentials workshop and want a review of the technique (recommended 2-3 months following the ChiRunning Essentials Workshop). These sessions are two (2) hours in length and include:
- Refresher of ChiRunning theory
- Performance overview
- Technique analysis
- Goal updating and training planning
Corporate workshops are also available and include the same training as the ChiRunning Essentials Workshop. Sessions are conducted in four (4) one-hour segments at your facility during lunch or after work. These are a great way to build up a team for a target race or event.
Individual running program development and support is also available for athletes with target races or events. Companion or pacing can be provided for certain races.
For more information or to reserve a place in an upcoming workshop, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Stil not convinced? Check out what our friends say!